Is SEO Dead? (Hint: No! It's Still Alive & Kicking)
In a world filled with social media, innovative apps, and augmented reality, you'd be forgiven for viewing search engine optimisation (SEO) as something out of the ark. However, failing to use the latest SEO techniques could cause your website to underperform. Let's examine how SEO has evolved.
If you want to market your company online effectively, you'll need to ensure that people can find your website. That's where SEO comes in. The higher your website ranks in the search engine results pages (SERPs) for terms relating to your business, the more likely it is that people will find it. Search engines, such as Google, utilise complex algorithms to work out where websites should sit within the SERPs. While they keep the exact criteria they use secret, we know some of the factors that they take into account. Therefore, it's possible to optimise your website to improve its visibility within the SERPs when people search for relevant terms.
How Has SEO Changed?
Search engines have become more sophisticated over the years, thanks to advances in AI (artificial intelligence) technology. They can even identify content on similar themes more easily. Therefore, even if you don’t know exactly what to type in during a search, a search engine can interpret what you’re looking for – based on what you did type in - and display results accordingly!
What Tactics Should You Be Embracing?
SEO is far from dead. On the contrary, its world has become even more competitive so it’s important to stay ahead of the curve.
The latest tactics include:
- Ensuring that your website is optimised from a technical point of view, e.g. that your pages load quickly, so that it satisfies the search engines' requirements.
- Organising your content so that search engine spiders can navigate your website and index pages with ease.
- Publishing high-quality content on subjects that visitors will be interested in, so that search engines will view your website as authoritative.
- Including video content, so that visitors will stay on your website longer. This will persuade search engines that your website's content is relevant to people searching for specific terms.
- Optimising your website for mobile and voice search to meet contemporary user's needs.
SEO & Lead Generation
Utilising modern SEO techniques should attract more traffic to your site, but you'll then need to persuade your new visitors to become customers. Therefore, the work that you carry out on SEO should be part of a wider sales and marketing plan. JDR can help you to create and implement a holistic strategy that delivers the results you want. To find out more, just contact us.
Image source: Unsplash