Our Vision = 'Digital Prosperity'
We want to help business owners succeed in the digital age.
We succeed when you do.
The JDR Group Mission:
- Small businesses are the backbone of the economy. They drive jobs & innovation and are important parts of their local communities.
- Being a business owner is tough. It is often a lonely life, as ultimately the buck stops with you. You are responsible for your staff, your customers and your family.
- Most business owners are specialists – they are usually people who have skills or expertise in their field. They often don’t have high levels of expertise in subjects like sales, marketing, finance, management.
- This means they often have challenges with growth – they hit plateaus, experience ‘feast and famine’, and don’t fulfil their potential. They usually work long hours and often have no exit plan.
- JDR Group exists to help these people – through effective marketing, sales and business growth strategies, and through adopting new technology.
- Helping transform a business transforms the life of the business owner. And when the business succeeds, it benefits the local community, the staff, the customers and the whole economy.
Here are our 11 points of culture:
We’re in a fast moving industry and no-one can afford to stand still. It is important to continue to learn new skills, strategies and tactics. But personal growth is more than just professional development. It is also about self improvement and developing as people and as leaders. Setting and achieving life goals is a priority and this benefits every area of life, not just work.
“Work harder on yourself than you do in your job”
Belief and Confidence
Having belief in yourself and belief in your team and backing yourself with confidence. Belief allows you to set ambitious goals and have the perseverance and confidence to achieve them.
“It’s the lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself”
Success is often not about doing big things well, as much as it is doing lots of small things well regularly. It is in daily habits – keeping promises, punctuality, professionalism, learning, and focus. It means doing the things you should do, even if you don’t feel like doing them, so that you end up where you want to be in the long term.
“There are two forms of pain you will go through in life: Discipline and regret. Discipline weighs ounces, but regret weighs tonnes”
We highly value those that maintain loyalty to JDR, and our team members and clients. This does not mean we expect people to stay forever, we don’t. But we have a strong base of established team members and hope to build it, and hope those that do leave continue to stay loyal once they have left.
“You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn it day by day.”
We believe in maintaining professionalism with clients and with each other at all times and in having respect for everyone we work with.
“Show respect to all people, but grovel to none”
Nothing substantial has ever been achieved without commitment, as. We commit to our clients, and commit to our goals.
“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.”
William Hutchison Murray.
We believe in setting high goals that stretch us and take us out of our comfort zones, and do not settle for second best.
“We need to steer clear of this poverty of ambition, where people want to drive fancy cars and wear nice clothes and live in nice apartments but don’t want to work hard to accomplish these things. Everyone should try to realize their full potential.”
We are all responsible for our own lives, our own goals and our own outcomes. Three things that hold people back are blame, excuses and denial. Only by taking ownership, accountability and responsibility can you get in control of your life, your career and your business.
“You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.”
Honesty and Integrity
Being honest with ourselves and others may not always be the easy thing to do in the short term but will be the right thing to do in the long term. The alternative creates a huge amount of pressure, stress and guilt that is always relieved by being open and honest.
“Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential for success in life – all areas of life”
Working towards an exciting vision provides motivation and hope, and adds meaning to your day-to-day activities.
“The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision”
Life is better when we smile and have fun! But business is better too – we’ll have better meetings, achieve higher efficiency and have better relationships with clients and colleagues.
“Never, ever underestimate the value of having fun”
If you share these values, and you want to work with other people that share these values, then get in touch – we’d love to hear from you and are always open to hearing from people who can make a positive impact on JDR Group, and on our clients.