What Images Should Your B2B Business Post On Social Media?
Posting high-quality images with your content can be a game changer for your B2B social media marketing strategy, but knowing what to post can be a challenge. In this article, we’ll break down the main best practices for social media imagery to attract and engage your ideal customers and strengthen your company image.
Post High-Quality, Eye-Catching Visuals
First impressions are essential in social media, and so your images should reflect the quality and professionalism of your business to your ideal customers. To make an impactful first impression:
- Use professional, high-resolution images that are eye-catching and relevant to the content you’re promoting.
- Ensure that your visual content is edited using a professional graphics platform or image editor, to ensure complementary colours and crisply defined images.
- Use original photography and graphics on your social media feed – avoid using stock or purchased imagery.
Use Engaging Captions
Captions play a crucial role in making your images more informative and engaging, as well as increasing their accessibility to all users. To write effective captions:
- Keep your captions clear and concise, with a straightforward message directly related to the image.
- Use informative and descriptive language that resonates with your ideal customer.
- Include a clear call to action/CTA with each image to encourage your followers to take action after interacting/engaging with the post.
Optimise Your Images For Each Platform
Every social media platform has varying requirements when it comes to image size, file format, and resolution. Keep in mind the following platform-specific guidelines:
- Facebook: Use 1200x630 px images for best results. Stick to .jpeg or .png formats.
- LinkedIn: Optimal image size is 1200x627 px. Use .jpeg or .png formats.
- Twitter: Use images with 1600x900 px dimensions for the best viewing experience. Stick to .jpeg or .png formats.
- Instagram: Images with 1080x1080 px dimensions work best. Use .jpeg or .png formats.
Post Regularly And Consistently
Regularly posting images to your social media channels will help your content stand out on crowded user feeds. Make sure to:
- Plan a content calendar with different types of images, photos, and visual content to keep your feed fresh and interesting.
- Use marketing automation or scheduling tools to post content consistently at a time that best suits your audience, even during holidays and weekends.
Utilise User-Generated Content (UGC)
User-generated content (UGC) is an effective way to build trust and establish stronger connections with your target readers. UGC refers to any content created and shared by users of a particular service, product, or brand, and includes blog comments, product reviews, photos, videos, and social media posts. UGC is typically created by customers who experience a personal connection to the brand, and who want to share their experience with others – and so is an increasingly important marketing tool for businesses keen to tap into the power of personal recommendations. Here’s how to leverage UGC in your B2B social media marketing:
- Encourage users to share their experiences with your business by using custom hashtags or participating in industry-specific brand campaigns.
- Share user-generated content on your social media channels, giving credit to the original creator, and thereby showcasing real-life experiences and testimonials, as well as providing free promotion to business customers.
B2B Social Media Marketing Strategy From JDR Group
Image Source: https://unsplash.com/photos/hGV2TfOh0ns