How To Turn Your Website Into A Lead Generation Machine
The aim of a lead generation website is to convert visitors into hot prospects, but this can only be achieved if you are attracting the visitors who could genuinely benefit from your brand. Your website should be your most valuable lead generation tool, acting as an information hub for your target audience, building trust in your business and compelling interested prospects to get in touch. As inbound leads typically cost 80% less to convert, turning your website into a lead generation machine is a worthwhile investment.
Content Drives Traffic
Google processes billions of search queries daily, with organic search accounting for more than half of these. The first three organic search results will receive 60% of all web traffic. What’s the key to their success? It all starts with content; the foundation of a high performing website.
Content strategy starts with keyword analysis and evaluation; the process of identifying the highly specific search words and phrases used by your target audience to find your products and services online. Selecting strategic keywords should factor in search volume, relevance and competitiveness. The keywords can then be ranked in value and grouped to determine their positioning within your content strategy, with content structured around effective and relevant use of these keywords.
Knowing how and where to use keywords throughout your website will define your SEO performance. Important factors to consider include:
- Title tags - These should be unique to every page and include the appropriate target keyword and technical requirements.
- Meta description tags - The highly influential text which appears below your link in search results. This content is directly linked to conversion performance, determining whether a visitor will click on your link.
- Header content - Insert keywords into attention grabbing headlines.
- Body content – Use longer search phrases appropriately to answer important questions about your brand.
While the technical elements of website design, such as navigational structure, responsive design and mobile optimisation are important for providing a smooth experience, getting your content strategy right from the outset is vital for driving traffic to your site. The next challenge is to keep your visitors engaged.
The Importance Of Credibility & Trust
If you want prospects to follow a call to action you need to gain their trust first. The perception of trust is built instantaneously and is an instinctive response to the quality of your website. Visitors want assurance your website can provide the information they need and will leave a website that doesn’t set the right tone. It takes expertise to achieve the right balance of action combined with a seamless browsing experience for your customers.
The following techniques can be incorporated into your website design to build trust:
- Your Contact Number – Make it clear you are available to offer assistance. The most effective position to display your contact number is in a static or “sticky” header in the top right of the page for large screens, or on the top mast head for mobile sites.
- Quality Images - Use a high-quality image the prospect can instantly relate to, or which visually tells a story about your brand. Genuine images provide greater credibility than stock images.
- Headlines - Compelling headlines explain exactly what your brand can do for the customer.
- Quality Copy – Consider the information which would offer the greatest value to your customers and influence their decision to find out more. Copy that creates conversions generates interest in your brand, driving further action.
- Video Content – Video can improve conversion rates by as much as 86%. Video tells a visual story and can build powerful emotive links between your brand and the audience.
- Testimonials & Reviews – Provide social proof of your success stories to build trust. 92% of consumers read testimonials and product reviews prior to making a purchase and 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
The Importance Of Blogging
82% of businesses who blog gain a positive ROI on inbound marketing. Blogging increases your ability to cover a wider variety of valuable search phrases and target keywords to attract traffic, while at the same time providing your audience with engaging, informative and persuasive content. It’s a winning combination, especially if you add a link for visitors to subscribe to regular updates. Businesses who fail to recognise the intrinsic value of blogging are failing to use their website to its full lead generation potential.
Creating The Perfect Call To Action
Most websites include a contact form on their website, without considering whether the level of information requested could negatively impact conversion rates. Forms with fewer information fields yield higher conversions; so consider the bare minimum you need to follow up on a lead and ensure your contact form is always visible.
Lead generation websites add additional CTA links, cleverly positioned for high impact. Also called Micro-Conversions, valuable free content such as an e-Book, podcast or webinar can be downloaded by the customer, once they have supplied their name, company name and email address. Using this method businesses can create multiple opportunities to increase conversion and supply a steady stream of leads.
How JDR Can Help
In this article, we’ve covered the basics of turning your website into a lead generation machine. You can increase success using additional techniques such as AB testing and conversion optimisation. It’s an in-depth topic; but one which can yield high results for every business.
Contact us on 01332 343281 to find out more about inbound lead generation strategies you can use to promote growth within your business.